Place:


Eardisland  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eardisland like this:

EARDISLAND, a parish in Weobly district, Hereford; on the river Arrow, near Watling-street and the Leominster and Kington railway, 2 miles E of Pembridge r. station, and 5 W of Leominster. It has a post office under Pembridge. Acres, 4, 455. Real property, £8, 210. Pop., 894. Houses, 201. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £198. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is old and plain, and was recently in dis-repair. Charities, £51.

Eardisland through time

Eardisland is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eardisland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eardisland in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4325

Date accessed: 26th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eardisland ".