Place:


Dinmore  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dinmore like this:

DINMORE, or Dinmore-Preceptory, an extra-parochial tract in the district and county of Hereford; on the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, 7 ¾ miles N of Hereford. It has a station on the railway. Acres, 570. Real property, £567. Pop., 42. Houses, 7. A Templars' preceptory was founded here in the time of Henry II.; and the chapel of it was recently restored. Dinmore House, an old mansion, is the seat of S. Babbington, Esq.

Dinmore through time

Dinmore is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dinmore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dinmore in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4322

Date accessed: 22nd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dinmore ".