Place:


Little Cowarne  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Cowarne like this:

COWARNE (Little), a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 4½ miles SW of Bromyard, and 6 E of Dinmore r. station. Post town, Stoke-Lacey, under Worcester. Acres, 696. Real property, £1, 174. Pop., 186. Houses, 47. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Ullingswick, in the diocese of Hereford. The church w as reported in 1859 to need repair.

Little Cowarne through time

Little Cowarne is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Cowarne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Cowarne in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4317

Date accessed: 10th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Cowarne ".