Place:


Brilley  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brilley like this:

BRILLEY, a parish in the district of Presteigne and county of Hereford; and a subdistrict partly also in the county of Radnor. The parish lies on the verge of the county near the river Wye and the Hereford and Brecon railway, 5½ miles NNE of Hay. Post Town, Whitney, under Hereford. Acres, 3,792. ...


Real property, £4,182. Pop., 517. Houses, 104. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Michael church, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £350.* Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. A school has £50 from endowment; and other charities £6.-The subdistrict contains seven parishes. Acres, 15,315. Pop., 2,067. Houses, 409.

Brilley through time

Brilley is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brilley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brilley in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4311

Date accessed: 22nd November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brilley ".