Place:


Brampton Abbotts  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brampton Abbotts like this:

BRAMPTON-ABBOTS, a parish in Ross district, Hereford; on the river Wye, and on the Hereford and Gloucester railway, 1½ mile N of Ross. Post Town, Ross. Acres, 1,452. Real property, £2,961. Pop., 257. Houses, 49. The property is divided among a few. BramptonAbbots House is the seat of the Garrolds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £245.* Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is very good.

Brampton Abbotts through time

Brampton Abbotts is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brampton Abbotts itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brampton Abbotts in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4308

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brampton Abbotts ".