Place:


Washford Pyne  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Washford Pyne like this:

WASHFORD-PYNE, a parish, with two hamlets, in Crediton district, Devon; 7 miles NE of Morchard-Road r. station, and 8 N by W of Crediton. Post town, Morchard-Bishop, North Devon. Acres, 1,140. Real property, £950. Pop., 182. Houses, 37. The manor belongs to C. Tucker, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £160.* Patron,C. Tucker, Esq. The church is early English. There is a parochial school.

Washford Pyne through time

Washford Pyne is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Washford Pyne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Washford Pyne in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4250

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Washford Pyne ".