Place:


Linton  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Linton like this:

LINTON, a township in Bromyard parish, Hereford; 3 miles SE of Bromyard. Acres, 2,630. Real property, £3,810; of which £21 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 587; in 1861,547. Houses, 117. The manor belongs to R. B. Phillips, Esq. Clater Park is a chief residence. The Bromyard workhouse is here; and, at the census of 1861, had 33 inmates.

Linton through time

Linton is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Linton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Linton in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4242

Date accessed: 25th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Linton ".