Place:


Huntsham  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Huntsham like this:

HUNTSHAM, a parish in Tiverton district, Devon; near the boundary with Somerset, 3½ miles E by S of Bampton, and 6 NNE of Tiverton r. station. lt. has a post office under Tiverton. Acres, 1,875. Real property, £1,726. Pop., 248. Houses, 32. The property is divided among three. The manor, with Huntsham Court, and most of the land, belongs to A. H. D. Troyte, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £253.* Patron,A. W. Troyte, Esq. The church was partly rebuilt, partly restored, in 1858. There is a property school.

Huntsham through time

Huntsham is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Huntsham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Huntsham in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4187

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Huntsham ".