In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yeaveley like this:
YEAVELEY, a township and a chapelry in Shirley parish, Derby. The township lies 4 miles S by E of Ashborne r. station. Acres, 1,015. Real property, £1,773. Pop., 263. Houses, 57. Much of the property belongs to J. Harrison, Esq.The chapelry includes Stydd township, and comprises 1,328 acres. Post town, Ashborne. Pop., 295. Houses, 62. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £90.* Patron, the Vicar of Shirley. The church was built in 1840. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and some charities.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Yeaveley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Derbyshire Dales. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Yeaveley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yeaveley in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Yeaveley".