Place:


Stretton Grandison  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stretton Grandison like this:

STRETTON-GRANDSOME, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; 3 miles NNW of Ashperton r. station, and 6½ NW of Ledbury. Post town, Ledbury. Acres, 710. Real property, £1,706. Pop., 130. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with Ashperton, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £479.* Patron, the Rev. J. Hopton. The church is good. Charities, £13.

Stretton Grandison through time

Stretton Grandison is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stretton Grandison itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stretton Grandison in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4125

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stretton Grandison ".