Place:


Tupsley  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tupsley like this:

TUPSLEY, a township-chapelry in Bishop-Hampton parish, Herefordshire; 2 miles E of Hereford r. station. Post town, Hereford. Real property, £5,247. Pop., 802. Houses, 149. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £240.* Patron, the Bishop of HThe church was built in 1866.

Tupsley through time

Tupsley is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tupsley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tupsley in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4116

Date accessed: 20th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tupsley ".