Place:


Coombe  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coombe like this:

COOMBE, a chapelry in Kingston parish, Surrey; on the Southwestern railway, 2½ miles E of Kingston. It was constituted in 1866; it includes New Malden; and it has a r. station. Pop., 1, 200. Coombe House was the residence of the prime minister, Lord Liverpool; where he entertained the Prince Regent, the King of Prussia, and Emperor of Russia. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Winchester. Value, £170. Patrons, Trustees.

Coombe through time

Coombe is now part of Kingston upon Thames district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kingston upon Thames has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coombe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coombe, in Kingston upon Thames and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4084

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coombe ".