In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upper Langwith like this:
LANGWITH (UPPER), a parish in the district of Mansfield and county of Derby; contiguous to Notts, 6 miles NNW of Mansfield r. station, and 9 ESE of Chesterfield. Post-town, Langwith, under Mansfield. Acres, 1,600. Rated property, £1,265. Pop., 183. Houses, 36. The manor and most of the land belong to the Duke of Devonshire. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £204. * Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church is old but good, and has a low tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Upper Langwith has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bolsover. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Upper Langwith and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upper Langwith, in Bolsover and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th March 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Upper Langwith".