Place:


Hulland  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hulland like this:

HULLAND, a village and two townships in Ashborne parish, and a chapelry partly also in Wirksworth parish, Derby. The village stands on an eminence, 5 miles E by N of Ashborne r. station; and has pleasant environs. -The townships are Hulland Ward and Hulland-WardIntakes. Acres, 1,871. Real property, £3,965. ...


Pop., 330 and 44. Houses, 80 and 7. The land consists chiefly of dairy farms.-Pop. of the chapelry, 639. Posttown, Ashborne. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £75. Patrons, the Rev.Evans andBorough, Esq. The church is in the pointed style. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and a national school.

Hulland through time

Hulland is now part of Derbyshire Dales district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derbyshire Dales has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hulland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hulland in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4065

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hulland ".