Place:


Clannaborough  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clannaborough like this:

CLANABOROUGH, a parish in Crediton district, Devon; adjacent to the North Devon railway, 1½ mile SSW of Copplestone r. station, and 5½ NW by W of Crediton. Post town, Copplestone, North Devon. Acres, 874. Real property, £992. Pop., 61. Houses, 9. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £156. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt in 1859.

Clannaborough through time

Clannaborough is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clannaborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clannaborough in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4062

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clannaborough ".