Place:


Coton in the Elms  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coton in the Elms like this:

COTON-IN-THE-ELMS, a chapelry in Lullington parish, Derby; 5 miles SW of Burton-upon-Trent. Real property, £2, 636. Pop., 353. The living was separated from Lullington in 1868, and is a vicarage. Value, £88.*

Coton in the Elms through time

Coton in the Elms is now part of South Derbyshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Derbyshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coton in the Elms itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coton in the Elms in South Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4034

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coton in the Elms ".