Place:


Nutley  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nutley like this:

NUTLEY, a parish in Basingstoke district, Hants; 5¼ miles S W of Basingstoke r. station. Post-town, Basingstoke. Acres, 2, 180. Real property, £1,009. Pop., 141. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The manor and most of the land belong to T. Fitzgerald, Esq. The parish is a meet for the H. H.hounds. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Candover-Preston, in the diocese of Winchester. The church was rebuilt in 1846, and is an edifice offlint and stone.

Nutley through time

Nutley is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nutley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nutley, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3998

Date accessed: 26th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nutley ".