Place:


Buckenham Tofts  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buckenham Tofts like this:

BUCKENHAM-NEAR-TOFTS, or Buckenham-Parva, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, 6 miles NE of Brandon r. station, and 6 SW by W of Watton. Post Town, Tottington, under Thetford. Acres, 931. Real property, £300. Pop., 60. Houses, 12. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rev. T. Newman. There is no church.

Buckenham Tofts through time

Buckenham Tofts is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Buckenham Tofts itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buckenham Tofts, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3981

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Buckenham Tofts ".