Place:


Metton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Metton like this:

METTON, a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk; 3¼ miles S by W of Cromer, and 17 NE of Elmham r. Station. Post town, Ronghton, under Norwich. Acres, 660. Real property, £897. Pop., 78. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to John Ketton, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Felbrigg, in the diocese of Norwich. The church was recently in disrepair.

Metton through time

Metton is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Metton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Metton in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3971

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Metton ".