In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hainford like this:
HAINFORD, or HAYNFORD, a parish in St. Faith district, Norfolk; near the river Bure and the line of proected railway from Norwich to Cromer, 7 miles N of Norwich. Post town, Coltishall, under Norwich. Acres, 1, 600. Real property, £3, 350. Pop., 643. Houses, 147. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to R. P. Marsham, Esq. The living is a recory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £425. Patron, Rev. Henry P. Marsham. The church was built in 1840. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, a national school, and charities £142.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hainford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Broadland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hainford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hainford, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hainford".