Place:


Dersingham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dersingham like this:

DERSINGHAM, a parish in Docking district, Norfolk; on the Lynn and Hunstanton railway, 4 miles NNE of Castle-Rising. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Lynn. Acres, 3, 472. Real property, £3, 985. Pop., 822. Houses, 166. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £132. Patron, the Marquis of Cholmondeley. The church is of flint. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, and charities £23, with a fuel allotment.

Dersingham through time

Dersingham is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dersingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dersingham in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3952

Date accessed: 25th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dersingham ".