Place:


Threxton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Threxton like this:

THREXTON, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; 2¼ miles W by S of Watton r. station. Post town, Watton, under Thetford. Acres, 1,097. Real property, £935. Pop., 80. Houses, 13. There is a Roman camp; and Roman relics have been found. The living is a rectory, annexed to Swaffham.

Threxton through time

Threxton is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Threxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Threxton, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3924

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Threxton ".