Place:


Tilney All Saints  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tilney All Saints like this:

TILNEY-ALL SAINTS, a parish, with a village, in the district of Wisbeach and county of Norfolk; 1¾ mile SW of Clenchwarton r. station, and 3½ WSW of Lynn. It has a post-office under Lynn. Acres, 2,750. Real property, £5,445. Pop., 510. Houses, 114. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with T. St. Lawrence, in the diocese of Norwich. The church was restored in 1866. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £60.

Tilney All Saints through time

Tilney All Saints is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tilney All Saints itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tilney All Saints in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3915

Date accessed: 17th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tilney All Saints ".