Place:


Warleggan  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warleggan like this:

WARLEGGON, a parish in Bodmin district, Cornwall; 3 miles N by W of Doublebois r. station, and 5½ ENE of Bodmin. Post town, Bodmin. Acres, 2,055. Real property, £1,453; of which £50 are in mines. Pop., 295. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £125.* Patron, G. W. F. Gregor, Esq. The church is good.

Warleggan through time

Warleggan is now part of Caradon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caradon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warleggan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warleggan, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3892

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warleggan ".