Place:


Cwm Du  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cwm Du like this:

CWMDU, a hamlet in Llangonoyd parish, Glamorgan; on a branch of the river Llynvi, 6 miles NNW of Bridgend. Acres, 3, 813. Pop., 4, 154. Houses, 797. The inhabitants are employed chiefly in iron and coal works.

Cwm Du through time

Cwm Du is now part of Bridgend district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgend has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cwm Du itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cwm Du, in Bridgend and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3864

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cwm Du ".