Place:


Colwinston  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Colwinston like this:

COLWINSTONE, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; on the Julian way, 2¾ miles SSW of Pencoed r. station, and 4 W of Cowbridge. Post town, Pencoed, under Bridgend. Acres, 1, 760. Real property, £1, 870 Pop., 274. Houses, 57. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £135.* Patron, W. Thomas, Esq. The church was reported in 1859 to need repair.

Colwinston through time

Colwinston is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Colwinston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Colwinston in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3849

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Colwinston ".