Place:


West Wickham  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Wickham like this:

WICKHAM (West), a parish, with a village, in Linton district, Cambridge; 3½ miles NE by E of Linton r. station. It has a post-office under Cambridge. Acres, 2,937. Real property, £3,744. Pop., 550. Houses, 112. The manor belongs to Earl Hardwicke. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £88. Patron, Earl Hardwicke. The church is ancient.

West Wickham through time

West Wickham is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Wickham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Wickham in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3830

Date accessed: 20th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Wickham ".