Place:


Harlton  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harlton like this:

HARLETON, or HARLESTON, a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; on a Roman road, near the river Rhea, 3 miles W of Harston r. station, and 6 SW of Cambridge. Post-town, Cambridge. Acres, 1,100. Real property, £1,632. Pop., 302. Houses, 63. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet for the Cambridgeshire hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £420.* Patron, Jesus College, Cambridge. The church is good; and there are a national school, and charities £35.

Harlton through time

Harlton is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harlton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harlton in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3803

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harlton ".