Place:


Conington  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Conington like this:

CONINGTON, a parish in the district of St. Ives ano county of Cambridge; at the boundary with Huntingdon, 3 miles SW of Swavesey r. station, and 3¼ S of St. Ives Post town, Fenstanton, under St. Ives. Acres, 1, 47 7. Real property, £1, 830. Pop., 233. Houses, 38. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £238.* Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is old but good.

Conington through time

Conington is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Conington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Conington in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3782

Date accessed: 15th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Conington ".