In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Capel Curig like this:
CAPEL-CURIG, a hamlet and a chapelry in Llandegai parish, Carnarvon. The hamlet lies on the river Llugwy, at the foot of Moel-Siabod and Snowdon, 5½ miles WSW of Llanrwst r. station. It has a post office under Conway, and a hotel; and is a polling place, and a resort for tourists and anglers. Public coaches daily pass through it. The surrounding scenery is most romantic; and the route hither to the top of Snowdon, though the most toilsome, is the best. The chapelry includes the hamlet; and is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £89. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is very old but good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Capel Curig has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Capel Curig and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Capel Curig, in Conwy and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Capel Curig".