Place:


Wexham  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wexham like this:

WEXHAM, a parish in Eton district, Bucks; 1½ mile NE of Slough r. station. Post town, Slough. Acres, 670. Real property, £1,497. Pop., 196. Houses, 38. The manor belongs to the Duke of Leeds. W. Park is the seat of J. Grote, Esq.; and W. Grove, of J. G. Hillersdon, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £375.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was recently restored.

Wexham through time

Wexham is now part of South Bucks district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Bucks has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wexham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wexham, in South Bucks and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3748

Date accessed: 22nd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wexham ".