Place:


Weston Turville  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston Turville like this:

WESTON-TURVILLE, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; 3 miles SE of Aylesbury r. station. It has a post-office under Tring. Acres, 2,450. Real property, £4,799. Pop., 724. Houses, 149. There are four manors; and the chief one belonged till lately to the Duchy of Lancaster, and belongs now to Mr. ...


J. Eldridge. A reservoir of the Grand Junction canal, covering nearly 70 acres, is here. Straw-plaiting is. largely carried on; and the Aylesbury breed of ducks is extensively reared. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £545.* Patron, All Souls College, Oxford. The church was restored in 1860. There are a parochial school, and charities £12.

Weston Turville through time

Weston Turville is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston Turville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston Turville, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3747

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weston Turville ".