Place:


Swanbourne  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swanbourne like this:

SWANBOURNE, a parish, with a village, in Winslow district, Bucks; near the Oxford and Bletchley railway, 2 miles E by S of Winslow. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Winslow. Acres, 2,510. Real property, £5,034. Pop., 603. Houses, 139. The property is subdivided. The manor, with S. ...


House, belongs to Sir T. F. Fremantle, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £158.* Patron, Sir T. F. Fremantle, Bart. The church is ancient. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school with £15 a year from endowment, a straw-plaiting school, and charities £28.

Swanbourne through time

Swanbourne is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swanbourne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swanbourne, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3734

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swanbourne ".