Bronington  Flintshire


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bronington like this:

BRONINGTON, or New Fens, a township-chapelry in Hanmer parish, Flint; 4½ miles WSW of Whitchurch r. station. Post Town, Hanmer, under Whitchurch, Salop. Acres, 4,850. Real property, £3,908. Pop., 675. Houses, 145. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £109.* Patron, Sir J. Hanmer, Bart. The church is indifferent.

Bronington through time

Bronington is now part of Wrexham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wrexham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bronington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bronington, in Wrexham and Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 23rd March 2018

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bronington ".