In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Threapwood like this:
THREAPWOOD, an extra-parochial chapelry in the district of Wrexham and counties of Flint and Chester; 8 miles WNW of Whitchurch r. station. Post town, Wrexham. Acres, 160. Pop., 335. Houses, 90. The property is much subdivided. Bricks and tiles are made. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £102.* Patron, the Bishop of Chester. The church is good; and there are two dissenting chapels, and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Threapwood has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Chester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Threapwood and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Threapwood, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Threapwood".