Place:


Soulbury  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Soulbury like this:

SOULBURY, a parish, with S. village and Hollingdon hamlet, in the district of Leighton-Buzzard and county of Buckingham; on the river Ouzel, the Grand Junction canal, and the Northwestern railway, 2¾ miles NW of Leighton-Junction r. station. It has a post-office under Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, 4,460. ...


Real property, £6,269. Pop., 589. Houses, 124. Liscombe Park belongs to P.Lovett, Esq.; and Stockgrove, to Col Hanmer. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £116.* Patron, P.Lovett, Esq. The church is decorated English, and was recently restored. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £91 a year, and charities £40.

Soulbury through time

Soulbury is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Soulbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Soulbury, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3717

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Soulbury ".