Place:


Simpson  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Simpson like this:

SIMPSON, or Sympson, a village and a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks. The village stands on the river Ouzeland the Grand Junction canal, 1½ mile N of Fenny-Stratford, and 2 NE of Bletchley r. station. The parish contains also part of Fenny-Stratford, which has a post-office under Bletchley Station. Acres, 1,330. Rated property, £3,360. Pop., 562. Houses, 124. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £330.* Patron, Sir J. Hanmer, Bart. The church is plain. There are a Methodist chapel, and charities £70.

Simpson through time

Simpson is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Simpson itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Simpson, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3715

Date accessed: 10th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Simpson ".