In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Marston like this:
MARSTON (NORTH), a village and a parish in Winsl.ow district, Bucks. The village stands 3½ miles S of Winslow r. station, and 7½ N of Aylesbury; and has a post office under Winslow The parish comprises 1,910 acres. Real property, £3,661. Pop., 644. Houses, 137. The property is subdivided. A perennial spring, called Sir John Shorne's well, is at the foot of the village; is fabled to have started into being by miraculous act of a sainted incumbent in the 13th century; and was, together with a costly shrine of the same person in the church, frequented for ages by superstitions pilgrims. ...
The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £150.* Patrons, the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church stands on an eminence; is partly decorated English and partly later, with a tower; has a lhandsome E window and reredos, erected by Queen Victoria, in memory of J.Nield, Esq., who bequeathed to her his fortune of about £250,000, and died in 1852; and contains fine oak stalls, a piscina, three brasses of 1499,1602, and 1613, and a curious memorial of Mr. John Virgin. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, a national school, and 26 acres of poors' and church lands.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Marston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Marston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Marston, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Marston".