In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Llandudno like this:
Llandudno, coast town and par. with ry. sta., at NE. extremity of Carnarvonshire, 3½ miles NE. of Conway, 47¾ NW. of Chester, and 226 NW. of London - par., 1914 ac. land and 815 water, pop. 4193; town (partly also in Eglwys Rhos par.), pop. 4839; P.O., T.O., 2 Banks, 2 newspapers. Llandudno has sprung up since 1850, and owes its great prosperity as a watering-place to its situation on the level neck of a promontory between Great Ormes and Little Ormes headlands and between Ormes Bay and Conway Bay. It is a well-built and spacious town; has a fine parade, an elegant promenade pier (1200 ft.), and affords excellent sea-bathing. Numerous antiquities are in the neighbourhood.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llandudno has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llandudno and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandudno, in Conwy and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llandudno".