Place:


Pulford  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pulford like this:

PULFORD, a village, a township, and a parish, in Great Boughton district, Cheshire. The village stands on an affluent of the river Dee, at the boundary with Wales, 2 miles N E of Rossett r. station, and 5 S by W of Chester; and has a post-office under Wrexham. The township comprises 1, 176 acres. ...


Real property, £1, 723. Pop., 222. Houses, 45. The parish contains also the township of Poulton, and comprises 2, 567 acres. Real property, £3, 446. Pop., 354. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £200.* Patron, the Marquis of Westminster. The church was built in 1833; and is in the Tudor style, cruciform, with a tower.

Pulford through time

Pulford is now part of Chester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pulford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pulford, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3693

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pulford ".