Place:


Brawdy  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brawdy like this:

BRAWDY, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on the coast, 6 miles E of St. David's, and 9 NW by W of Haverfordwest r. station. Post Town, Penycwm, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 5,401; of which 60 are water. Real property, £3,403. Pop., 644. Houses, 133. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Hays-Castle, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £115. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's.

Brawdy through time

Brawdy is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brawdy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brawdy in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3678

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brawdy ".