Place:


Fulmer  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fulmer like this:

FULMER, a village and a parish in Eton district, Bucks. The village stands 3¾ miles NNE of Slough r. station, and 4½ ESE of Beaconsfield; is a very pretty place; and has been much improved by J. Kaye, Esq. of Fulmer House. The parish includes also the village of Gerrard's Cross, which has a post office under Slough. ...


Acres, 1,886. Real property, £2, 530. Pop., 351. Houses, 79. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £285.* Patrons, the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church was built by Sir Marmaduke Darell in 1610; contains his tomb and helmet; and is in good condition. The p. curacy of Gerrard's Cross is a separate charge. There are a national school and charities £23.

Fulmer through time

Fulmer is now part of South Bucks district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Bucks has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fulmer itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fulmer, in South Bucks and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3677

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fulmer ".