Place:


Edgcott  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edgcott like this:

EDGECOTT, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; 2 miles SSW of Claydon r. station, and 7½ S by W of Buckingham. Post town, Middle Claydon, under Winslow. Acres, 650. Real property, £1, 218. Pop., 182. Houses, 43. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £210. Patron, R. B. Marsham, Esq. The church is old but good. There is an Independent chapel. Charities, £6.

Edgcott through time

Edgcott is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edgcott itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edgcott, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3675

Date accessed: 18th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edgcott ".