Place:


Moore  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moore like this:

MOORE, or MooR, a village and a township in Runcorn parish, Cheshire. The village stands adjacent to the Northwestern railway and the Bridgewater canal, 1 mile SE of the Mersey and Irwell cana1, 1½ SE of the Mersey river, and 3¼ SW of Warrington; is a neat place; and has a station on the railway, and a postal letter-box under Warrington. The township comprises 901 acres. Real property, £2,267. Pop. in 1851,336; in 1861, 269. Houses, 56 'T he manor, with Moore Hall, belongs to the Rev. G. Heron. There is a Wes1eyan chapel.

Moore through time

Moore is now part of Halton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Halton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Moore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moore, in Halton and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3663

Date accessed: 23rd September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Moore ".