Place:


Bradwell  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradwell like this:

BRADWELL, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on the Newport-Pagnell railway, 3 miles ESE of Stony-Stratford. It has a post office under Stony-Stratford, and a railway station. Acres, 892. Real property, £3,452. Pop., 1,658. Houses, 233. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £191.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The parochial church is early English; and New Bradwell church, annexed to Stantonbury, is recent. Charities, £20.

Bradwell through time

Bradwell is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bradwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradwell, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3657

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bradwell ".