Place:


Bledlow  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bledlow like this:

BLEDLOW, a village and a parish in Wycombe district, Bucks. The village stands in a romantic ravine, called the Glyde, on the verge of the county, adjacent to the Thame and Maidenhead railway, 2 miles SW of Princes Risborough; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Tring.—The parish includes also a liberty called Bledlow-Ridge. ...


Acres, 4,130. Real property, £4,891. Pop., 1,189. Houses, 232. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £175.* Patron, Lord Carrington. The church is early English; has interesting features, injured by white-wash; and stands on the brink of the ravine at the village.

Bledlow through time

Bledlow is now part of Wycombe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wycombe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bledlow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bledlow, in Wycombe and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3656

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bledlow ".