Place:


Warfield  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warfield like this:

WARFIELD, a parish in Easthampstead district, Berks; 2½ miles NNE of Bracknell r. station, and 5 ENE of Wokingham. It includes part of Bracknell, which has a head post-office; and it has a postal pillar-box under Bracknell. Acres, 3,239. Real property, £7,579. Pop. in 1851, 1,374; in 1861, 1,497. ...


Houses, 297. The manor belongs to Lord Braybrooke. W. Park is the seat of Lord Ormathwaite. W. Hall, W. House, W. Grove, Hawthorn Hill, Brook-Hill, Wick Hill, and the Priory also are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £200.* Patrons, the Representatives of the late Rev. R. Faithfull-The church is ancient but good. The p. curacy of Bracknell is a separate benefice. There are a national school, and charities £43.

Warfield through time

Warfield is now part of Bracknell Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bracknell Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warfield, in Bracknell Forest and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3650

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warfield ".