Place:


Hunsterson  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hunsterson like this:

HUNSTERSON, or HUNTSTERTON, a township. with a village, in Wybunbury parish, Cheshire; 5½ miles SE of Nantwich r. station. Acres, 1, 510. Real property, £1, 634. Pop., 212. Houses, 37. The property belongs to Sir Henry D. Broughton, Bart. A chapel of ease was built here, on the W side of Doddington Park, in 1837, by Sir John Broughton; and a school for girls is in the village, and has £10 a year from endowment.

Hunsterson through time

Hunsterson is now part of Crewe and Nantwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Crewe and Nantwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hunsterson itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hunsterson, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3620

Date accessed: 25th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hunsterson ".