Place:


Little Staughton  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Staughton like this:

STAUGHTON (Little), a parish, with a village, in the district of St. Neots and county of Bedford; 4½ miles S by E of Kimbolton r. station. Post town, St. Neots. Acres, 1,660. Real property, £2,286. Pop., 572. Houses, 135. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £400.* Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church is later English. There are a Baptist chapel, and a national school.

Little Staughton through time

Little Staughton is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Staughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Staughton, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3572

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Staughton ".