Place:


Cople  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cople like this:

COPLE, a parish in the district and county of Bedford; on an affluent of the river Ouse, 1½ mile E of Cardington r. station, and 3½ ESE of Bedford. Post town, Bedford. Acres, 2, 109. Real property, £3, 379. Pop., 565. Houses, 110. Cople Hall was the seat of the late Earl of Ludlow. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £215.* Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church is later English and good.

Cople through time

Cople is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cople itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cople, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3552

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cople ".